A lot of racers might not be happy with it, but Japan’s Motegi MotoGP round is going to run Oct. 2, as planned.
Last week, we told you in Friday Fudge that a lot of racers were fearful of radiation levels in Japan after last spring’s natural and nuclear disasters – never mind the fact that they race motorcycles at high speed for a living.
But Dorna Sports, MotoGP’s governing body, says the race is going ahead anyway.
The track and grandstands have been repaired, and radiation levels in the area are supposedly safe.
So what happens next? Will the riders back down and show up, or will they boycott the race, as threatened? If the top racers do stay away, this could be an opportunity for some of the guys at the back of the pack to finally collect some serious points. Stay tuned – this could be interesting.