Don’t forget that this Monday coming up (June 17) is Ride to Work Day!
Ride to Work Day is an annual event founded by the same guy who kickstarted Aerostich, Andy Goldfine. It’s exactly what it sounds like: A day that Goldfine asks everyone who owns a motorcycle to use it as their transportation to work.
This is the 28th annual Ride to Work day, and as every year, the Ride to Work organization’s website has a summary of the ideas behind the the event:
Ride your motorcycle or scooter on this day to demonstrate:
- The number of motorcyclists to the general public and to politicians.
- That motorcyclists are from all occupations and all walks of life.
- That motorcyclists can reduce traffic and parking congestion in large cities.
- That motorcycles are for transportation as well as recreation.
- That motorcycling is a social good.
Hey, sounds good to us, although most CMG scribes are more-or-less riding to work every day anyway, and even did so before we had cushy, high-paying jobs as motorcycle
keyboard monkeys journalists.