The schedule for the 2016 AMA Supermoto championship has been announced, including a date in Quebec City.
Two races in the series are FIM-certified — the date in Loudon, and the race in Quebec, with the points counting towards the FIM North America title. The races will be broadcast on the MAVTV Motorsports Network, and the Quebec race might also be available on other channels, as it’s part of the World Rally X circuit.
The Quebec race will take place on streets, not on track, according to AMA. Their website also hints that the event actually takes place in Trois Rivieres, so details are still a bit sketchy on the event. This is the first time for this event. You can get a glimpse of what to expect in the video above.
You can see the tentative supermoto schedule below. Find more details at the AMA Supermoto website here.
2016 AMA Supermoto Schedule
- April 8-9: Bakersfield, Calif. (Kern County Raceway Park)
- *June 17-18: Loudon, N.H. (New Hampshire Motor Speedway – In conjunction with Loudon Classic)
- July 1-2: Sturgis, S.D. (Street Race)
- *Aug. 5-6: Quebec City, Canada (Street Race — In conjunction with World Rally X)
- Sept. 3: Denver, Colo. (Colorado National Speedway – In conjunction with NASCAR SLM)
- Oct. 21-22: Tuscon, Ariz. (Muscleman Honda Circuit)
*FIM North America rounds
Oh and it’s Trois-Rivières not Quebec City..
The story notes the discrepancy in locales, but that information and the dates came from the AMA website.
There’s a small typo, the race in QC is the 6th and 7nth of August. The 5th is a Friday..