Well, that didn’t take long.
Three months after announcing their takeover of the AMA’s roadracing series and renaming it MotoAmerica, the KRAVE Group says the rebadged series has a TV deal.
While fans of AMA roadracing were stuck with basically no television coverage of the series, all of MotoAmerica’s 2014 events will be broadcast on weekends and in primetime on the CBS Sports Network. In theory, that should mean Canadians will also be able to watch the races on either Bell or Rogers, as long as you’ve got the right cable/satellite package.
Along with the TV deal, MotoAmerica races (as well as highlights and other related stuff) will be shown on Torque TV.
You can see the MotoAmerica schedule below. None of the races are particularly close to the Canadian border, but the New Jersey date should be accessible to Canadians in Ontario and Quebec.
Provisional calendar: 2015 MotoAmerica series
- April 10-12 – Circuit of the Americas – Austin, Texas
- April 17-19 – Road Atlanta – Braselton, Georgia
- May 15-17 – Virginia International Raceway – Alton, Virginia
- May 29-31 – Road America – Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
- June 12-14 – Barber Motorsports Park – Birmingham, Alabama
- July 17-19 – Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca – Monterey, California
- August 7-9 – Indianapolis Motor Speedway – Indianapolis, Indiana
- Sept. 11-13 – New Jersey Motorsports Park – Millville, New Jersey