Our man Costa is in Italy right now for the new MV Agusta Dragster 800RR – a more powerful Dragster. However, MV has also slipped in another new 800RR, the Brutale.
Similar to the Dragster RR, the Brutale RR gets the tweaked 798 cc inline triple motor, including six injectors instead of three and a new airbox design, with a boost of 15 horsepower (max of 140 hp @ 13,100 rpm) and 3.7 ft-lbs of torque (now 86 Nm @ 10,100 rpm) and a claimed top speed of 245 km/h (though that would be rather unpleasant without a fairing).
The RR comes with eight level traction control and personalizable ride modes with Sport, Normal and Rain modes as standard. New elements include some restyling work , DLC coated front forks, a more ergonomical seat, and five spoke alloy wheels. There’s also a quickshifter and ABS as standard .
Canada will be getting 20 Brutale RRs (10 in Red/White and 10 in Grey/Black) in January, though we will not know pricing until after EICMA in November.
For all the info possible, check out the Brutale Press Kit PDF.
Check out all the pics that go with this story! Click on the main sized pic to transition to the next or just press play to show in a slideshow.
- Type: Three cylinder, 4 stroke, 12 valve
- Timing system: “D.O.H.C”
- Total displacement: 798 cm3 (48.68 cu. in.)
- Compression ratio: 13.3:1
- Starting: Electric
- Bore x stroke: 79 mm x 54.3 mm (3.1 in. x 2.1 in.)
- Max. power – r.p.m. (at the crankshaft)**: 103 kW (140 hp) at 13100 r.p.m.
- Max. torque – r.p.m: 86 Nm (8.77 kgm) at 10100 r.p.m.
- Cooling system: Cooling with separated liquid and oil radiators
- Engine management system: Integrated ignition – injection system MVICS 2.0 (Motor & Vehicle Integrated Control System) with six injectors
- Engine control unit: Eldor EM2.0, throttle body full drive by wire Mikuni, pencil-coil with ion-sensing technology, control of detonation and misfire. Torque control with four maps, Traction Control with eight levels of intervention
- Electronic quick-shift: MV EAS 2.0 (Electronically Assisted Shift up & down)
- Clutch: Wet, multi plate with slipper clutch
- Transmission: Cassette style; six speed, constant mesh
- Primary drive: 19/36
- Gear ratio:
- First gear: 13/37
- Second gear: 16/34
- Third gear: 18/32
- Fourth gear: 19/30
- Fifth gear: 21/30
- Sixth gear: 22/29
- Final drive ratio 16/41
- Voltage :12 V
- Alternator: 350 W at 5000 r.p.m.
- Battery: 12 V – 8.6 Ah
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
- Wheelbase: 1380 mm (54.33 in.)
- Overall length: 2085 mm (82.09 in.)
- Overall width: 725 mm (28.54 in.)
- Saddle height: 810 mm (31.89 in.)
- Min. ground clearance: 160 mm (6.30 in.)
- Trail: 95 mm (3.74 in.)
- Dry weight: 168 kg (370.4 lbs.)
- Fuel tank capacity: 16.6 l (4.39 U.S. gal.)
- Maximum speed*: 245.0 km/h (153.1 mph)
- Type: ALS Steel tubular trellis
- Rear swing arm pivot plates material: Aluminium alloy
- Type: Marzocchi “UPSIDE DOWN” telescopic hydraulic fork in DLC treated aluminium, with gold colour anodized fork legs and having rebound-compression damping and spring preload external and separate adjustment
- Fork dia: 43 mm (1.69 in.)
- Fork travel: 125 mm (4.92 in.)
- Type: Progressive Sachs, single shock absorber with rebound and compression damping and spring preload adjustment
- Single sided swing arm material: Aluminium alloy
- Wheel travel: 125 mm (4.92 in.)
- Front brake: Double floating disc with Ø 320 mm (Ø 12.6 in.) diameter, with steel braking disc and flange
- Front brake caliper: Brembo radial-type, with 4 pistons Ø 32 mm (Ø 1.26 in.)
- Rear brake: Single steel disc with Ø 220 mm (Ø 8.66 in.) dia.
- Rear brake caliper: Brembo with 2 pistons – Ø 34 mm (Ø 1.34 in.)
- ABS System: Bosch 9 Plus with RLM (Rear wheel Lift-up Mitigation)
- Front: Material/size Aluminium alloy 3.50 ” x 17 ”
- Rear: Material/size Aluminium alloy 5.50 ” x 17 ”
- Front: 120/70 – ZR 17 M/C (58 W)
- Rear: 180/55 – ZR 17 M/C (73 W)