Snow is still on the ground, there’s ice everywhere, and the NHL season is months away from the Stanley Cup finals, but big-league roadracing is now underway, with the World Superbike series running its first races last weekend.
For race-deprived Canadians who never want to see a snow shovel or a generator again, there’s a new app that might help you get through winter. WSBK has a new SBK Live app, delivering video highlights, audio commentary, photos, statistics and other highly useful information.
You can find the SBK Live app on the Google Play store, if you’ve got an Android smartphone or other device. Apple iOs users must go through the iTunes store. It costs $9 in the Play store.
And in other racing news … Remember that Brazilian MotoGP round? Well, Dorna is very sorry, but apparently it’s not going to happen.
The final version of the 2014 MotoGP calendar was released yesterday, with a glaring cut. While the series will still travel to South America for the Argentinian round, the Brazil round is gone. Apparently, the locals couldn’t renovate their track quickly enough to guarantee they’d be ready for the race. The revised race schedule is below.
2014 MotoGP calendar
- March 23, Doha/Losail circuit, Quatar
- April 13, Circuit of the Americas, Austin, TX
- April 27, Termas de Rio Hondo, Argentina
- May 4, Jerez de la Frontera, Spain
- May 18, Le Mans, France
- June 1, Mugello, Italy
- June 15, Barcelona- Catalunya, Catalunya
- June 28, TT Assen, Netherlands
- July 13, Sachsenring, Germany
- August 10, Indianapolis GP, Indianapolis
- August 17, Brno, Czech Republic
- August 31, Silverstone, Great Britain
- September 14, Marco Simoncelli Misano, San Marino & Riviera di Rimini
- September 28, Motorland, Aragon
- October 12, Motegi, Japan
- October 19, Philip Island, Australia
- October 26, Sepang, Malaysia
- November 9, Ricardo Tormo-Valencia, Valencia