The 2013 east coast D2D rally is almost upon us and this year we’ll be taking you on a 617-km tour from Moncton, NB all the way to Antigonish, NS on some great Nova Scotian backroads. The weather forecast is sunny with a high of 17 C, though we can’t promise it’ll stay that way to the weekend.
Although the rally is designed for 150-250cc machines this year we are having a guest class for larger bikes to see how it works out. We’ve also added some additional kms for an added challenge for those extra cubes.
Since the rally starts at 6:00am in Moncton, you may need a hotel for the Friday night. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express (on Mountain Road, across the street from the casino), so feel free to book in there and we’ll likely grab a bite to eat at the Moose’s Wild Pub at the casino that night.
A link to the 2013 D2D route on Google Maps, along with GPX files will be sent to all registered riders on Friday (registration is open till then). Click here to register.
But enough pre-rally babble, here’s the days’ details:
- Riders meet at Toys For Big Boys at 6:00 AM sharp, departing at 6:30 (coffee and donuts available)
- Disclaimer must be signed and printed maps will be handed out.
- Riders are free to ride on their own or join one of two CMG lead groups (fast and relatively fast, but you can go at your own pace)
- Gas stops are about 100 km apart or less so all should be good for gas.
- The guided groups will stop at all gas stations along the way to see if anyone needs gas and to activate the next GPS route if required.
- This year the ride is 617 km long with an additional 87 km for guest bikes over 250 cc.
- The ride ends at the Big Stop in Aulac, NB at 6:30 pm where we’ll have dinner before dispersing back to our respective homes.
Should be a good one. See you there!