Easy riding in Quebec


You might break other rules on this rig, but your car licence will get you past go in Quebec.

You don’t need a motorcycle licence to ride a three-wheeled
vehicle, like BRP’s Spyder or Harley-Davidson’s Tri Glide, in the province of Quebec.

Following a pilot program by the Société de l’assurance
automobile du Québec (SAAQ), rules have been changed in the province to allow
drivers with an ordinary passenger-car licence to operate three-wheeled
motorcycles on public roads.

A certificate of use will be issued by SAAQ to riders who
have taken an approved seven-hour operator’s course and who already hold a
regular driver’s licence.

The change comes after a two-year study involving several
hundred three-wheel riders. BRP plans to promote this idea in other provinces,

See www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/driver
for more.

Join the conversation!