The Calgary Motorcycle Show has opened at the Roundup Centre in Stampede Park with 30 major manufacturers and other attractions.
New models of street and off-road motorcycles as well as scooters are on display.
The show will also be highlighted by a number of special events, including …
• She Rides Nite, which in its second year at the western city is designed specifically for experienced female riders;
• The Yamaha Riding Academy for kids aged six to 12;
• An appearance by Jason Britton, who was recently made famous by a CMG interview;
• A Motor Madness stunt show;
• CMG contributor Rene Cormier, who will talk about his just-completed round-the-world motorcycle adventure.
The Calgary show runs through Sunday. Daily admission is $13 for adults and less for seniors and kids.
So what is going on with Honda dropping their bike dealers? Is GW the only Honda dealer in Calgary now?
Was CMG absent at the show?
Yeah, the Honda guys didn’t have an answer to where you get your bike serviced now that they’ve taken all the bike dealers out of Calgary. GW Cycle can’t service every Honda in the city. Morons, fix this or I’ll never buy another Honda product, period.
Over all it was a good show, but the shopping wasn’t like in past years. There were deals – killer price on 08 GSXRs 1000 and 600s. The remainder of the deals were in the 20% range unlike past years were 50% discounts were the order.
Still, it was busy and there is nothing like getting to sit on all those bike and imagine the wind in your face, even if you do have to wait your turn.